Saturday, February 15, 2014

In two weeks, a group of seven associates from Belron (me included) will be traveling to South Africa to visit the charity, Afrika Tikkun.  There are four of us from Safelite and three from Belron's other companies in Europe.

I am honored to have this opportunity.  I have been supporting Afrika Tikkun for the past 5 years through the Safelite Challenge - an annual triathlon in Las Vegas.  I am passionate about Afrika Tikkun's mission because they are working with children...mentoring them, teaching them, and providing facilities and physical activities to end the cycle of drugs, violence, HIV, and poverty.

I am excited, anxious, and intimidated...I know it will be a heart breaking and emotional journey...a life changing event.  I hope to have an impact while I am there and bring the story of Afrika Tikkun back to share with my friends, family, colleagues...anyone I can reach.  I greatly appreciate the support of my friends and family...especially Liz and the kids.  I am also grateful to work for a company like Safelite that encourages its employees to help others, both inside and outside of work.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you - have fun!

    ReplyDelete